January 29, 2019
- Close to one in three home hunters know the specific house or street they want to live in before starting a property search, according to new research by Zoopla
- Londoners are most likely to have a definite idea of location, virtually half (48%) have a specific street or house in mind. This compares to less than one in five across Wales and the South West
- If it’s not a specific street, then it’s most likely house hunters have an idea of what town they have in mind. A third of house hunters across the East of England, East Midlands, South East and Wales know which town or town(s) are of interest
- With just one in sixteen prospective home hunters having no clue as to their location of choice, as an agent, knowing the ins and outs of your local area is critical
January 26, 2019
I hope you are well and are enjoying the crisp cold weather this new year! Having had a busy January taking over the Lettings Department in our Julian Wadden Didsbury Branch but I really wanted to take this opportunity to let you know about this fabulous opportunity to purchase a two bedroom apartment in West Didsbury on Georgia Avenue.
The property is on the market with us here at Julian Wadden Estate Agents for £190,000 and it is an immaculately presented second floor apartment with a very modern kitchen and bathroom. The property has previously been rented with us here for £850pcm, so we are confident that it would be able to achieve this again. This would therfore give you a yield of 5.3% and you would not need to do any works on this property which means that it would be a hassle free purchase.
We will be holding an open house on the 2nd February 2019 so if you would like to book in for this or for more information please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 249 5160.
HAPPY INVESTING, Gemma Lowe, Lettings Manager Didsbury
Link to property Online: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59696118.html
January 22, 2019
Join your ghost host Flecky Bennet for a performance in the oldest part of Didsbury Village.
You will listen to stories about: The Gates of Hell, the Black Death and The Woman in Black who haunts The Old Parsonage. Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites and the amazing story of Monkey Black.
Taking place on 1st February with only a handful of tickets remaining, the performance starts at 7.00pm next to the Old Cock Inn – click the link below for details and tickets.
January 22, 2019
The team at Cocoa Cabana have a super exciting valentines event planned for you this year!
The 2018 valentines event was a sell out, so early booking is advised.
Join them for a creative valentines evening on 14th February, where you will be joined by Amanda McCrann, from Manchester Mosiacs.
Each couple will make their own personalised mosiac, to take home on the evening.
Your ticket also includes 2 chocolate cocktails per person and a sharing platter full of sweet and savoury chocolate treats.
They also have a secret special guest on the night to keep you all entertained, topped off with a full bar and some great tunes, this promises to be an excellent way to spend your valentines.
January 22, 2019
Hosted by Grosvenor Casino Didsbury, Micki as Whitney Houston is a highly professional tribute to the Queen of the night, and features all the iconic and classic hits including I Wanna Dance with Somebody, How Will I Know, Run To You, The Greatest Love Of All and of course the timeless world wide smash hit, I Will Always Love You.
Micki has an uncanny likeness to Whitney both vocally and physically and creates a show that is unforgettable and an absolute must see for any Whitney fan.
The show is followed by DJ Shaun who will keep the good vibes flowing until the early hours.
Taking place on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd February, there are a number of ticket options including the popular Dinner and Show package so click the link to book early and avoid disappointment.
Followed by DJ Shaun who will keep the good vibes flowing until the early hours.
January 21, 2019
- The UK has been crowned by Forbes, for the second year running, as the best country for business following its latest survey published in December 2018. A total of 161 countries are assessed on 15 different criteria.
- The UK is the only country to land among the top 30 in all 15 metrics, including property rights, innovation, taxes, technology, corruption, freedom and workforce.
- Forbes states that although sterling plummeted 9% against the US dollar the day after the EU referendum result and remains down, the economy has ‘held up relatively well’.
- With the official exit from the EU scheduled for this March, Forbes recognises that uncertainty remains. Some UK companies are holding off investments to see how Brexit affects trade relations, but on balance the business climate remains attractive, with a globalised economy that is more open than most in terms of trade, investments and capital flows.
January 21, 2019
- With renting offering more flexibility than ownership, some tenants have traditionally used the sector as a way to get to know a new area before committing to buying.
- Indeed, the majority of tenants stay within their local area when moving home.
- In 2018, over a quarter (27%) of tenants moved within a mile of their previous rental property, and two thirds (68%) stayed within ten miles.
- At the other end of the scale, 8.1% of tenants starting new tenancies in London in 2018 moved from overseas. Despite political and economic concerns, this is actually an increase from 7.3% in 2017.
January 15, 2019
Gemma from Julian Wadden Estate Agents. I have been working in the Stockport Exchange Office for the last two years, so you probably recognise me from my numerous videos in Stockport, but I just wanted to say ‘hello’ and let you know that I am now working in the Didsbury Office as Lettings Manager. Do feel free to call in and say hello if you are in the area…
January 11, 2019
- Brexit continues to make long-term and strategic decisions difficult for UK-based businesses and homeowners. Yet both the UK economy and its housing market registered around 3% annual growth in each of the first three quarters of 2018.
- Since the last troughs in GVA* in Quarter 4 2009 (Q409) and house prices (Q109), both indicators have risen a similar magnitude of 36% and 42% respectively. The relationship between the two indicators, using annual % change on a quarterly basis, suggests a correlation of some form does exist, with changes in house prices lagging by approximately three months.
- GVA recorded a slight uptick in annual change in Q318 (4%) yet Gross Domestic Product (another measure of economic performance) indicated that the economy was starting to slow.
- The consensus of economic forecasters (OBR, IMF, NIES and OE**) for total GDP growth in 2019 to 2022 is however positive at 7.2%, with 1.8% expected to be confirmed for 2018. Ernst and Young’s Regional and City Forecasts for GVA predict that London and the South East will continue to outperform in terms of annual GVA growth until at least 2020.
- *One widely used indicator of overall economic performance is ‘Gross Value Added (GVA)’. It measures the increase in the value of the economy due to the production of goods and services. ** Office for Budget Responsibility, International Monetary Fund, National Institute of Economic and Social Science, Oxford Economics.
If you are curious about the value of your property, please do get in touch on 0161 434 4311 and we can arrange a valuation.
January 8, 2019
- Looking to sell in 2019? A property was sold somewhere across England and Wales every 9 seconds of working hours between January and July of 2018.
- With 10 regions in the country, assuming an even distribution, this would equate to a property sale in every region within a minute and a half period. However, with regional differences including the number of available properties and volume of housing stock, there are variations.
- In the South East and North West,
a propertywas sold during every working minute of the day.
- In the North East where fewer properties are sold than in other, more densely populated regions, there was still a sale every 3 minutes