Have fun learning how to grow vegetables, herbs and fruit in your own garden or allotment
This is a relaxed workshop suitable for beginners taking place at the Didsbury Parsonage Trust, Stenner Lane on 7th March.
The topics covered will include –
● Choosing a good location for growing
● Preparing soil and/or raised beds
● Growing under cover in greenhouses or polytunnels
● Crop rotation and ‘No Dig’ methods
● Choosing the best varieties for your garden
● Sowing seeds indoors and outdoors, aftercare & pricking out
● Caring and harvesting your vegetables and fruit
● Dealing with pests, weeds and diseases organically
You will leave with a clear plan of what to grow where and how to grow it.
The ticket includes refreshments and materials, but please bring a packed lunch. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/grow-your-own-vegetables-herbs-and-fruit-workshop-tickets-71034685657